Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guest Speaker Questions

I am very excited for the guest speaker to come in today. I plan on asking him questions mostly dealing with his experience in education as a Palestinian. I'm not sure if he went to high school in the United States, but I am particularly interested in gaining some insight and clarity to the following questions:

1) If you did go to high school in the United States, do you feel like your school had an inclusive curriculum that appropriately educated students about your culture?
2) If you did go to high school in Palestine, how do you feel the education values differ over there?
3) Do you have any Palestinian or otherwise Middle Eastern literature in mind that you feel would be great contributions to an English classroom? How do you feel about Kite Runner?
4) What do you think the greatest anxieties facing Middle Eastern students in America are today?
5) What suggestions do you have for me as a future English teacher in embracing my Middle Eastern students, Middle Eastern culture in general, and incorporating Middle Eastern studies successfully into my curriculum?

No comments: